Professional Beer Consultants.™
Powers has developed a process that incorporates extensive training of our staff in beer (styles, brewing, and selling); creating true beer professionals that work with tools and information to give our customers the best possible preparation to achieve our mutual objectives of selling beer properly, responsibly and profitably. We have passionate, professional sales people, that are fact based and love beer!
We employ a number of Certified Cicerones.
The Cicerone Certification Program seeks to ensure that consumers receive the best possible beer and enjoy its flavors to the greatest extent possible. To facilitate this, those who sell and serve beer need to acquire knowledge in five areas:
- Beer Storage, Sales and Service
- Beer Styles and Culture
- Beer Tasting and Flavors
- Brewing Ingredients and Processes
- Pairing Beer with Food
- Our sales representatives are consultants who listen to customer needs and know beer and how to sell it.
- Powers has a proprietary training process that trains these professionals specifically to the marketplace that they serve whether it is bars, taverns, bowling centers, golf courses, restaurants, large format chain stores, liquor, convenience, or drug stores.
- Our sales professionals train for 2 and ½ months on all things beer and fact based selling before they begin to care for a customer on their own.
- The associates at Powers are prepared and armed with up to date industry trends and reports, the best consumer data, and information from IRI/Symphony, the Siebel Institute, BWI Consulting and more so that they can help our customers grab the sweet spot of the beer industry and stay in touch with the consumer.